Central Visual and Performing Arts
Central VPA's educational program is designed to create a nurturing environment where students receive a quality academic and artistic education that prepares them to compete successfully at the post-secondary level or perform competently in the world of work. Students learn to communicate effectively, enhance their physical and emotional well-being, acquire a passion for lifelong learning and demonstrate the ability to do critical thinking and be creative.
Central Visual & Performing Arts Placement Eligibility Criteria
Artistic Director/Dean of Arts Office Phone: 314-244-1953
Fax to: 314-244-1764
Contact Person: Mr. Edwin Williams (Artistic Director/Dean of Arts Office)
Email to: Edwin.Williams@slps.org
1. Student must complete and submit an application, signed by parent or guardian, submit a copy of previous year’s report card. Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
2. Student must submit copy of previous year’s attendance with attendance. Based on 174 days of school, student must have an attendance rate of at least 90%.
3. Student must submit a copy of the previous year’s discipline report and must be in good citizenship standing.
4. Once all required documents are received, audition dates and time will be scheduled (if student applicant did not participate in the announced and scheduled large group auditions. All SLPS Middle Schools and high schools will be notified of the large group audition dates). Students, who are granted auditions must attend at the scheduled time, come prepared to audition and personally interview with the Fine Arts Instructional staff and administrative staff.
5. All accepted students are expected to attend Central’s 9th grade transition program, parent orientation, preregister and be present on the first day of school.
Click here to visit the Central Visual and Performing Arts High School webpage.