Welcome to the SLPS Magnet and Choice Schools 2019-20 School Year Online Application Website
Some programs choices may be removed from receiving additional applicants due the schools projecting as full, with lengthy wait lists.
The deadline to submit online applications for both available Gifted and General Education Programs to be considered on a first-come first-served basis is Thursday, May 23, 2019, the last day of the SLPS 2018-19 school year.
This link will take you to a PDF of the printable 2019-20 School Year application. Only paper applications to schools and grade levels with open seats will be processed and considered for potential placement after 11:59 pm Thursday, May 23, 2019.
If you have already applied prior to May 23, 2019 for your child in the Pool A, Pool B or Post-lottery application periods, you do not need to re-apply for your child to be considered for the same choices in the summer application period.
Schools with 2019-20 School Year OPEN SEATS AS OF MARCH 14, 2019 are listed at the bottom of this page.
Scroll down and click BLUE BOX GIFTED AND/OR GENERAL application link.
Thank you for your interest in St. Louis Magnet and Choice Schools.
GIFTED EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Columbia GE: PK4-3rd for 2019-20
- Kennard CJA: PK4-5th APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Mallinckrodt AGI: PK4-5th APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Gifted Classroom at Stix: KG, 1st and 2nd Only
- McKinley CJA Middle: 6th, 7th and 8th
GENERAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Wilkinson ECC PK3- 2nd
- Stix ECC PK3-2nd
- Ames Visual and Performing Arts PK4-5th
- Dewey International Studies PK4-5th
- Gateway Elementary PK4-5th
- Humboldt Academy of Higher Learning 3rd-5th
- Lyon Academy @ Blow Kg-8th
- Mullanphy Investigative Learning Center PK3-5th
- Shaw Visual and Performing Arts PK4-5th
- Washington Montessori PK3-5th
Middle Grades 6-8 At All Sites
- Academy of Entrepreneurship Studies Middle (CHOICE school-city residents only)
- Busch Middle School of Character APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Carr Lane VPA Middle
- Compton-Drew Investigative Learning Center APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Gateway Math & Science Prep Middle
- Gateway STEM
- Central Visual and Performing Arts
- Soldan International Studies
- Cleveland Naval Junior
- Northwest Academy of Law (CHOICE school-city residents only)
- Metro Academic & Classical APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Clyde C. Miller Career Academy (CHOICE school-city residents only)
- McKinley Classical Leadership APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Carnahan High School of the Future (CHOICE school-city residents only)
- Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience APPLICATIONS CLOSED
|2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR SLPS MAGNET AND CHOICE SCHOOLS|
|OPEN SEATS AS OF 3/14/19|
|Elementary Site Name||Grade||Open Seats|
|COLUMBIA GIFTED ELEMENTARY*||PK4||20|
|DEWEY INTERNATIONAL STUDIES||P4||23|
|GATEWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||K||53|
|HUMBOLDT SCHOOL OF HIGHER LEARNING||3||51|
|MULLANPHY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL||P4||4|
|STIX General Ed||1||3|
|STIX Gifted Classroom*||K||16|
|WILKINSON ECC I||K||5|
|Middle Site Name||Grade||Open Seats|
|All SLPS Magnet and Choice High Schools* Except Metro A&C,|
|Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience and McKinley CLAHS|
|Have Open Seats At Appropriate Grade Levels|
|*PLACEMENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA MUST BE MET|
|TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PLACEMENT|