Metro Academic and Classical High School
Metro provides a challenging, quality education focused on high standards and expectations in an atmosphere of unity, enthusiasm, caring, and respect for self, others and the community. We encourage service to the community, while promoting learning in all areas to prepare students to become responsible members of society who can function in a technology oriented world.
1. Applicant must score at or above the Third Achievement level on all of the most recent MAP/EOC tests or be at the 50 percentile level or more on a standardized test, in all sub-areas of the test.
2. Applicant must score at or above the 50 percentile level on Acuity tests, if available, throughout the school year of application.
3. Applicant must score at or above the Third Achievement Level on all MAP/EOC exams taken in the eighth grade after the application was submitted and acceptance was made. Continued achievement is expected.
4. Applicant must have good attendance with no more than five absences per semester except in cases of physician- documented illness/hospitalization and documented family emergencies, i.e. deaths, fires, accidents.
5. Eighth grade applicants must submit a copy of the most recent report card and their last report card of their eighth grade year to validate classroom academic achievement and attendance. This report card must reflect a C or better in all subjects with the exception of Physical Education, Art, Music, and Practical Arts. One D will be acceptable in any one of these four subjects. No D in a core subject is acceptable.
6. Applicant must have excellent or good evaluations on each item on the Official Recommendation Checklist Form Recommend- ations must be submitted by two of the following: applicant’s teacher, counselor, principal or designated administrator.
7. Students applying for 10th grade must submit a transcript reflecting all semesters enrolled including the last completed semester and a report card from the most recent grading period. The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.3 and no D’s or F’s on their transcripts. Transcript should also validate attendance and grade level. EOC tests scores apply as mentioned above.
Have a Question?
When it comes to selecting a program for your child there are many choices to be made. Make sure you are up to speed on all of the details of the application process.