Metro Academic and Classical High School
OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR STUDENTS TO BE HELD SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2014 FROM 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Metro provides a challenging, quality education focused on high standards and expectations in an atmosphere of unity, enthusiasm, caring, and respect for self, others and the community. We encourage service to the community, while promoting learning in all areas to prepare students to become responsible members of society who can function in a technology oriented world.
1. Applicant must score at or above the Third Achievement level on all of the most recent MAP/EOC tests or be at the 50 percentile level or more on a standardized test, in all sub-areas of the test.
2. Applicant must score at or above the 50 percentile level on Acuity tests, if available, throughout the school year of application.
3. Applicant must score at or above the Third Achievement Level on all MAP/EOC exams taken in the eighth grade after the application was submitted and acceptance was made. Continued achievement is expected.
4. Applicant must have good attendance with no more than five absences per semester except in cases of physician- documented illness/hospitalization and documented family emergencies, i.e. deaths, fires, accidents.
5. Eighth grade applicants must submit a copy of the most recent report card and their last report card of their eighth grade year to validate classroom academic achievement and attendance. This report card must reflect a C or better in all subjects with the exception of Physical Education, Art, Music, and Practical Arts. One D will be acceptable in any one of these four subjects. No D in a core subject is acceptable.
6. Applicant must have excellent or good evaluations on each item on the Official Recommendation Checklist Form Recommendations must be submitted by two of the following: applicant’s teacher, counselor, principal or designated administrator.
7. Students applying for 10th grade must submit a transcript reflecting all semesters enrolled including the last completed semester and a report card from the most recent grading period. The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.3 and no D’s or F’s on their transcripts. Transcript should also validate attendance and grade level. EOC tests scores apply as mentioned above.
Please contact Ms. Bobbie Richardson at 314-534-3894 for information regarding eligibility determination, or email to Bobbie.Richardson@slps.org.
Click here to visit the Metro Academic and Classical High School webpage.