Gateway STEM Academy
OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR STUDENTS TO BE HELD TUESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2014 FROM 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
Gateway STEM High School
Gateway STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) High School, recognized by the United States Department of Education as a New American High School, integrates a strong academic curriculum emphasizing mathematics and science with career preparation in highly technical fields. Accelerated and advanced placement courses are available. Gateway STEM creates lifelong learners through skill building, team building, real-life applications, and service to the community.
Eligibility criteria to attend Gateway STEM High School includes:
1. Interest in mathematics, science, engineering and/or technology
2. Expectation to attend post-secondary education at a university, college, community college or technical school with the intent to attain a diploma
3. Student transcripts/report cards, test scores, reflecting aptitude and success in mathematics, science and writing
4. Attendance of 90% or better required (over 93% preferred) and no major discipline infractions or repeated behavioral issues
5. Commitment to parental involvement (i.e. PTA, advisory committees, booster clubs, support of school, volunteer)
Please contact Gateway STEM at 314-776-3300 for questions regarding eligibility determination. Ms. Renee Racette (Renee.Racette@slps.org) or Dr. Danielle Deloatch (firstname.lastname@example.org) can help answer questions about the application process.
Click here to visit the Gateway STEM High School webpage.