Gateway STEM Academy
Gateway STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) High School, recognized by the United States Department of Education as a New American High School, integrates a strong academic curriculum emphasizing mathematics and science with career preparation in highly technical fields. Accelerated and advanced placement courses are available. Gateway STEM creates lifelong learn- ers through skill building, team building, real-life applications, and service to the community.
1. Interest in mathematics, science, engineering and/or technology
2. Expectation to attend post-secondary education at a university, college, community college or technical school with the intent to attain a diploma
3. Official recommendation checklist form for high school, submitted by two of the following: the applicant’s teacher, counselor, principal or designated administrator
4. Student transcripts/report cards, test scores, reflecting aptitude and success in mathematics, science and writing
5. Attendance of 90% or better required (over 93%preferred) and No major discipline infractions or repeated behavioral issues
6. Commitment to parental involvement ( i.e., PTA, advisory committees, booster clubs, support of school, volunteer)
Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions a parent makes. Do you have a child who doesn’t necessarily “fit the mold” offered at your current school? Or are you looking for a change in direction as your child advances from one level to the next? If so, there’s an exciting educational alternative you need to know about! It’s the St. Louis Magnet School Program.